Director of Media Affairs
USTelecom represents our nation’s broadband providers – companies that are the backbone of all communications from ground to cloud. Our members have long demonstrated their multibillion dollar commitment to connectivity, laying hundreds of thousands of miles of fiber so communities have access to the power and promise of high-speed internet. The association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and deliver bottom line results, promoting a policy environment that fosters innovation, promotes investment, and buoys economic growth. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic and forward-looking companies – urban and rural, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology and innovation conversation, and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century.
We are looking for a strategic, creative and results-oriented Director of Media Affairs to lead the association’s media outreach and help shape the national conversation about the future of broadband innovation and the internet. This position has broad responsibilities for working with print, television, radio, digital and new media, to advance the association’s objectives; and lead content design and development by writing talking points, issue briefs, and op-eds.
- Develop and implement media strategies to advance the association’s advocacy and policy agenda.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with reporters, producers and columnists.
- Write and edit press releases, statements, blog posts, opinion pieces and other communications materials.
- Amplify member goals and objectives across all association communications platforms.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills, strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and success in working effectively in a team environment.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in media outreach and planning, writing, editing, and producing press releases, opinion pieces and newsletters.
- Fluency in digital and social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related area.
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a collaborative, teamoriented work environment, and is Metro-accessible location. Interested candidates may submit resume, cover letter and salary requirement via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “DIRECTOR, MEDIA AFFAIRS” in the subject line. No Phone Calls Please. EOE/ M/F/D/V. For more information on USTelecom, please visit www.ustelecom.org.